What is Smart Lighting?
The Unifi Smart Lighting platform has two parts: hardware and software. Our hardware connects lighting and fixtures to the cloud, and software manages, schedules, and tracks energy usage. Simple, easy-to-connect hardware devices automatically find new lighting and walk you through the set up process.
The Unifi app is available on any device and gives access to all the controls, timers, scenes, and areas you need to easily control one or many lights. Powerful, flexible tools allow you to set lighting to the best scene for each part of the day, reducing energy usage when sunlight is available, and giving the right look to any area.
How it works
Unifi is the app that helps you manage your business’s lighting and energy use.
- Straightforward interface puts controls and information at your fingertips.
- Secure connections keep your data and accounts safe.
- Unifi communicates with cloud servers to coordinate and optimize your property’s energy use from any device.
- Energy savings reports are automatically generated and easily viewable.
The cloud infrastructure tracks and coordinates commands from Unifi, translating information in both directions.
- Upgrades and security patches for Unifi and hardware are automatic and easy.
- Robust Amazon Web Servers ensure extraordinary uptime and failsafes.
- Information about your unique setup is stored safely offsite.
- Cloud communications are secured with modern standards-based encryption.
Passport is the hub that connects lighting and energy devices to the cloud.
- Inexpensive and efficient, Passport is easily installed almost anywhere.
- Powerful antennas communicate with up to 500 lights or devices per Passport.
- Zigbee, an industry-standard wireless lighting control network, uses advanced mesh technology to send commands to fixtures.
Lighting and devices are perfectly controlled for your business’s environment.
- New lights are automatically discovered by Passport, which walks you through the easy setup process.
- Lights can be set to a maximum, system-wide brightness, allowing significant savings.
- Hardware elements allow almost any lighting (including older fixtures) to be controlled by Unifi.
- Switches, sensors, and more can be added to further customize for your needs.